What is Life Coaching?
A life coach offers you guidance on your journey to creating your most positive personal and professional life. It is an interactive process in which your coach listens while you share, and then helps you clarify what you desire and value. Together, you question, explore, and process, ultimately discovering how to live a more positive, purpose-filled life.
A Note About Coaching
After 15 years as a therapist, Barbara realized that therapy implies that people are broken – in need of fixing – and that the therapist has the answers, insight, and ability to fix them. Therapy also concentrates on the past and on traumas. Barbara has come to prefer coaching, as it sees people from a place of wholeness and wisdom, and concentrates on the present and future. Coaching is not about fixing; it is about discovering.
Coaching focuses on who you are and what you value. The goal is to aid in learning, un-cluttering, and uncovering the good things that are already within your heart and spirit. In coaching we talk about “shifts,” meaning the miraculous shift of perception when you move away from your head and into your heart. It can be seen as moving from a lie to the truth, from fear to love, from stuckness to freedom, from challenge to solutions. It is an active and exciting process.
People who utilize coaching are open-minded and teachable. They are committed to their success, courageous, and determined. They take responsibility for their future and make an effort to continuously evolve and grow both their business and personal life.
Through coaching you will:
- Shift your perceptions so that you are motivated to be and do your best
- Gain a better understanding of who you are so you can make decisions that are uniquely you
- Overcome fears or personal obstacles that are holding you back from moving forward or achieving goals
- Learn to be comfortable and content with yourself, your decisions, and life direction
- Find more peace, passion and meaning in your work, home and relationships
- Have more stability in your emotions and relationships
Coaching will benefit you if:
- you keep making the same unhealthy choices and don’t know how to stop
- you feel “stuck” when it comes to achieving a health or career goal
- you are going through a big transition or dealing with a major life change (divorce, empty nest, loss, etc.)
- regardless of your age, you don’t know what you want to be when you grow up
- you sense there must to be more to life than what you are experiencing
- your relationships are unfulfilling or nonexistent
- your spiritual life has come to a standstill
- you are hungry for hearing the Holy Spirit and doing God’s will
- you have a desire to know who you really are and what you are supposed to be doing