Did you see lots of totally spectacular fireworks these last couple days? Did you say to yourself, “That’s a Bell Ringer!”?
Checking in on Week 26 of 50 Weeks to a Lighter More Loving You.
Your task this week is to notice things in your life that are totally spectacular and say to yourself…
“THAT’S A BELL RINGER!”
Doing this, of course, makes you more grateful which increases your overall lightness and happiness.
What else can be gained from this BELL RINGING experience as it pertains to a Lighter More Loving You?
As stated in Week 26’s post, “It was always a mystery if the fireworks they purchased would actually work, do what it said it would do, be a total dud, or be totally spectacular.”
One of the things that make us stressed and less loving is INDECISION.
Indecision is often caused by….
- wanting to know what the outcome is going to be (trying to read the future!),
- being overwhelmed or tired,
- fear of making a mistake.
Some decisions do need to be weighed with pros and cons, some need wise counsel, some need to be put on hold till your mind or the way is more clear.
And sometimes we just need to decide….light that firework and see if it is going to be a dud or something spectacular!
The thing is…
- indecision causes much stress,
- the outcome of most decisions are going to be a mystery,
- it is okay to “try” or “do” something and then change your mind,
- not all decisions are going to be spectacular ones,
- we often learn more from the DUD decisions,
- you will never have BELL RINGER situations in life if you don’t decide and do.
Feel free to share some of the things you noticed in your life that are BELL RINGERS…and, can you also see the decision you made that brought it about?
Cheering You on to a Whole Decisive Bell Ringing Heart,
I hope you enjoyed your FIKA BREAK from Week 25 and are recharged for the second half of 50 Weeks to a Lighter More Loving You!
This week’s task, in honor of our FREEDOM and INDEPENDENCE is to be a BELL RINGER!
One of my favorite memories growing up was the 4th of July picnics that included a large group of family friends. My dad and several of the other fathers of these families (known as the “Jolly Boys”) would take a golf trip to the Carolina’s in the spring. On their way home, they would purchase fireworks….which were legal there, but not in Pennsylvania where we lived. On the 4th we’d have a giant picnic and shoot off the fireworks…often accompanied by a police visit!
It was always a mystery if the fireworks they purchased would actually work, do what it said it would do, be a total dud, or be totally spectacular.
A tradition was started that when one of the fireworks was totally spectacular, we’d ring cow bells.
To this day, if I see a totally spectacular firework, I want to ring a bell! Most of the time I just say to myself,
“It’s a Bell Ringer!”
This week, I don’t want you to bell ring fireworks, though feel free to do so!
I want you to notice things in your life that are totally spectacular and say to yourself…
“THAT’S A BELL RINGER!”
Maybe it is…
- something you made or created,
- how green your yard is or how pretty some of your flowers are,
- how you didn’t lose your cool when something unpleasant happened,
- how the AC kept your house cool,
- the person who gave you great service at a store,
- the guy who let you in while driving,
- how you didn’t say a nasty word to the guy who didn’t let you in while driving,
- when you tried something new,
- the sunrise or sunset you saw,
- the hug from a friend,
- how you let something go so you could play with your kids,
- how clean you got your house,
- how the dog followed a command.
I think you get the idea!
This is similar to writing down your treasures from Week 8, except you don’t need to write them down, just notice them and say to yourself,
“That’s a Bell Ringer!!”
Cheering You on to a Whole Bell Ringing Heart,