Checking in on Week 43’s task of THOU ART.
This week your task is to do something creative or to do something to nurture your creativity.
Why is creativity important in your life?
- It makes life infinitely interesting and fulfilling.
- It is not just about making something, it is about “growing.” The root meaning of create is ‘to grow.’
- Creativity is what makes your life fun and is what gets you excited each and everyday.
- When you allow yourself to create, you allow yourself to be your true self.
- “Stop worrying about what other people think or say about you. If you have fun doing it and it keeps you constantly thinking and trying to figure out a new and better way, then that is what you need to focus on in life because creativity is what pushes passion.” —Preston Waters | Elite
Ann Voskamp shares these words about being creative:
- Creativity, it’s good theology; it’s what God did in the beginning.
- When we stop fearing failure, we start being artists.
- Don’t let the sun set till you’ve done one thing that sort of scares you. The only trees that ever grow tall keep relentlessly stretching into unknown territory.
- You have to bury your fear in faith. Otherwise you bury your talents.
Art, it’s the second person present indicative of the verb to be. Art is a way of being and when you make your life art — thou art.
Feel free to share how you nurture your creative self in the comments.
Cheering you on to a Whole THOU ART You Heart,
More ideas on how to tap into and nurture your create side: