Checking in on Week 28’s task of listing 100 Ways to Love Your Self.
How is it going? Have you started?
Does it seem overwhelming, a waste of time, too selfish or self involved?
As with Week 27‘s task of listing all the ways you love you, this is not an exercise to “list all the ways to boost your ego”! It is a relationship building list!
How you can show you that you love and care about your self.
And, again, how you love you will be how you love others.
Are there things that you often wish your spouse, friend, someone would do for you to show you love?
Add those to your list and do them for your self.
The American Institute of Stress says,
You need physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual energy to be your best you. Self-care renews these energies and provides the fuel for effective, resilient leadership; energized, wise parenting; and meaningful, adult relationships.
(From 6 Subtle Signs You Are Overdue for Self Care: Self-care is not a luxury!)
Self Love is really SELF CARE!
Make your list and then enjoy the love and care as you do them for your self.
Cheering You on to a Whole Self Care Heart,
Piggybacking on last week’s task, Week 28’s Task of 50 Weeks to a Lighter More Loving You is to list 100 Ways to Love Your Self.
Yes, ONE HUNDRED!!!
Time to get out that journal again!
These are ways you can show your self love…things you can DO FOR YOU!
They can cost money or not…
- take your car through the car wash
- new pair of cozy socks
- new underwear
- fresh flowers
- light candles
- take a bubble bath
- read a magazine
- go for a walk in nature
- call a friend
- create something
- put on music and sing or dance
- use that good china
- make some popcorn and watch your favorite movie
- take a drive in the country
- wear sunscreen
- moisturize your body or hair
- take a nap
- drink more water
What do you love to do?
What can you do to show your self that you care and love you?
This maybe the most important list you ever make!
Many years ago I listed my 100. I’ve turned to it over and over through the years when life has become stressful or painful.
Your ONE HUNDRED can be a life line when you need it, and, as talked about in last week’s post, the ways in which you can grow a loving relationship with your self! If you don’t know how to love your self, start with the list and then start doing the things on your list.
Feel free to share some of your 100, as many may need ideas to get their thoughts going.
Cheering You on to a Whole 100 Ways Heart,
Checking in for Week 27 of 50 Weeks to a Lighter More Loving You.
This week you are to Elizabeth Barrett BROWNING YOURSELF.
To write down in your journal as many ways that you can, WHY YOU LOVE YOU.
How is that going?
Is it hard?
Can’t even seem to get yourself started?
Loving You seems to get a bad wrap.
Lets look at a few things…
- Some think that if they LOVE themselves, they are being self-absorbed, self-indulgent, or narcissistic. First, the people that are “self” oriented, DON’T LOVE or even LIKE THEMSELVES! Most all of their behaviors are to boost their egos, to receive validation, and create a false sense of self love and worthiness. These people are tiring and hard to be around. Love yourself…you will be easier to live with!
- It is OK to Love Yourself! Besides God, you are the only one who will love you just as you are and at any given moment. When you don’t love, there is a bigger chance you will DO more things or ACT in more ways in which you don’t like, thus creating a vicious circle of low esteem.
- So many of us are too hard on ourselves. We compare, contrast, and compete with others. You are you. They are them. You can only be you. The best gift you can give to the world is to just be you! As I’ve heard many times, stop trying to be an apple tree when you are a rose bush! Love who you are. Stop comparing. JUST BE YOU!
- If you want more love, BE more LOVE...start with yourself and it will spread. It is true that we can only give what we already possess and that includes loving our self which will translate to more love towards others.
- Loving your self does not mean you are perfect! I’m not even sure if there is a “perfect” here on earth, but that doesn’t mean you can’t love yourself in your imperfection. For many of us, here lies the challenge–to love your self even while DISLIKING your shortcomings. When you love your self and accept your imperfections you can relate more to others and their imperfection. You become more loving, accepting, and compassionate.
- Love and Like….what is the difference? I have learned that I can always LOVE me even when I don’t ACT in ways I LIKE. One can still love another even when one doesn’t LIKE what another is DOING…I often think of kids here! The LIKE and DISLIKE categories are behaviors or habits that can be worked on. It is okay to still love you while things are being worked on! Drop the LOVE and there will be more and more DISLIKES! Keep the LOVE and the DISLIKES will improve quicker and with much more ease.
In no way is this an ego boosting exercise! This is a relationship boosting exercise with your self!
A Lighter More Loving You depends greatly on what kind of relationship you have with YOU.
Cheering You on to a Whole Relationship Boosting Heart,
Week 27’s task of 50 Weeks to a Lighter More Loving You is BROWNING YOURSELF!
I know it’s summer, but I’m not talking about getting a tan!
This week Elizabeth Barrett BROWNING YOURSELF!
Get out your journal and write down all the ways you love yourself!
Not what you do to love yourself…that may come soon.
Write down WHY YOU LOVE YOU!
From how you make a peanut butter sandwich to your ability to be loyal.
Can you get to 50 or more?
Feel free to share in the comments!
Cheering You on to a Whole BROWNING Heart,