Week 49’s task of 50 Weeks to a Lighter More Loving You is DEAR JOHN.
A Dear John letter was a type of letter written by an individual wishing to terminate a relationship.
The relationship we are “terminating” is with this past year.
You may be reading this while you are still living 2018! That is okay. You can still do this now OR wait till New Year’s Day.
You will find this helpful to start 2019 with a sense of closure, peace, and renewed focused.
Take some time this week (or on New Year’s Day) in your HaMakom, with your journal, to answer the following questions.
Saying Good Bye and Honoring the Past Year
Answer the following to help let go of the past year. Write what comes to mind first. Try not to over think or spend more than a couple minutes on each question.
- List Events from this past year:
- What lessons did you learn in the past year?
- What are you most proud of yourself for from this past year?
- What are you most grateful for from the past year?
- What are you glad you are leaving behind?
- What 3 words describe last year?
- What would you title last year if it was a book or movie?
FINALLY, write a short and sweet Good Bye note to this past year.
There are several things I do on New Year’s Day to start the year. This is one of them.
Whether 2018 has been a trying year or a good year, there is something powerful about reviewing it and letting it go.
Feel free to share the title of your year in the comments.
Cheering You on to a Whole Honored and Farewelled 2018 Heart,