Founder of http://www.WholeHeartLife.com
Creater of WHOOP Groups for Women
Education & Experience:
- BA in Music Therapy
- MA in Clinical Counseling.
The main focus of her 17 years as a Music Therapist/Clinical Counselor:
- adult addiction recovery
- adolescent treatment of sexual abuse, eating disorders, and emotional disorders
- private practice with a variety of clients from autistic children to geriatrics
- supervision of Music Therapy students at the university level
She has training in:
- Guided Imagery and Music
- Orff Music with children
She has given seminars and speeches at Music Therapy conventions on:
- Music in the Detox Addiction Center
- Guided Imagery and Music with Performance Anxiety
Barbara became a consultant for a direct selling company, Creative Memories, after her clinical experience, so she could stay at home with her daughter. During her 16 years as a direct sales consultant, Barbara was
- nationally recognized numerous times for personal sales, recruiting, leader development, and team sales and recruiting.
- In 2002 she received nomination as Small Business Leader of the Year in Jacksonville, Florida.
- She has presented at Regional and National Conventions on various aspects of running a successful business.
Barbara has worked on her own life journey by employing and utilizing a Life Coach for over 15 years, as well as, attending personal growth retreats.
She received her Coaching Accreditation in 2013. Since then she has:
- created a group for women called WHOOP,
- facilitated retreats,
- participated as a guest facilitator at other’s retreats and weekend intensives,
- formed monthly journal groups for self growth and healing,
2019 Completed 200 hours of yoga teacher training.
Spirituality has played a major part in Barbara’s life. She has gained wisdom from Bible teachings and studies, seminars on meditation, contemplative prayer, yoga techniques and philosophy, journal seminars, and her own practice in those areas.