Welcome to the 2019 Blog Series, JUST BE…
This year I’ll be posting 25 “BE” journaling and BEing exercises.
You’ll be challenged to
- try activities that bring you into the present,
- contemplate and think differently,
- grow personally,
- increase understanding of who you are,
- and try different ways of BEING.
Obviously, a journal is strongly encouraged. When doing the journaling, don’t be too quick to go with your first response. Keep writing about the questions given. Set a timer for 1-2 minutes for each question. The longer you write and contemplate on the questions asked, the more you will gain from the exercise. Think of it as going deeper into your self, into your heart, into your wisdom.
There are no right or wrong answers. Your journaling may wonder off the questions, that is okay. You may get humorous or way too serious. Write about the feelings that come up as you answer the questions. Just write.
I have BE sitting on a window sill in my home (picture above).
My sweet son-in-law asked me, “Why?”
“It is a reminder to BE,” I said.
His response, “Oh.” Not said with much understanding or even a question. It was like a blank stare.
I totally get it, as it takes time to understand what it is to BE.
- What does BE mean? (Feel free to pull up the dictionary and define it)
- What does BE mean to you?
- What does someone look like that is JUST BEing?
- If you JUST BE’d, what would you be doing, feeling, thinking?
- How would you answer the age-old question, “To BE or not to BE?”
- What do you do to just BE?
- What could you do in the next couple weeks to just BE?
Review what you wrote and star anything that stands out to you about what you wrote.
Feel free to share your answers to 6 or 7 with others in the comments.
Cheering You on to a Whole BEing Heart,