Checking in for Week 10 of 50 Weeks to a Lighter More Loving You.
This week you were to have a Snoopy Moment…to have a day that you PLAY!
How did that go? What did you do? Feel free to share your Snoopy Moment below!
It’s not always easy in our driven society to take time to play. We are on the GO, we tend to be COMPETITIVE, and we like things to have a PURPOSE so as not to WASTE TIME.
What is play and what is so important about it?
Researcher Stuart Brown, MD, describes play as time spent without purpose.
- it is apparently purposeless,
- there is an inherent attraction to it,
- while doing it there is freedom from time,
- it diminishes the consciousness of self,
- it has improvisational potential (open, not ridged), and
- has a continuation desire which makes you want to do it more.