Welcome to Week Five of 50 Weeks to a Lighter More Loving You.
This week’s small step is to LAUGH.
You can never laugh too much.
A man who died watching a comedy show called The Goodies reportedly died laughing, but he was suffering from a severe, hereditary heart condition. No one who has “laughed themselves to death” has been in good health, so it doesn’t appear that laughter alone can kill anyone. From the web, Jan 23, 2015
So go ahead and laugh it up this week!
You’ve heard “Laughter is Good Medicine” and that “A Merry Heart does the body good, like medicine”. If you have forgotten all the real benefits of laughter, check out this very thorough article: The Health Benefits of Humor and Laughter.
Here are some things I do to make sure I get my Merry Meds:
- I love Facebook for the funny things that come through. Every time I go on Facebook, I make it a point to let the very last thing I watch or read is something funny and hit the HA HA button.
- I enjoy these two comedians: Tim Hawkins, JP Sears
- Any of those text messages from parents…this is so me.
- Laugh at my self as much as possible. I’ve discovered I’m really quite funny leaving my reading glasses in the fridge or how I start to panic if there is no half-n-half for my morning coffee.
- Hang around funny people.
Different things make us laugh. Feel free to share what makes you laugh.
Cheering you on to a Whole Merry Heart,
Pingback: CHECK IN for Week Five: Take Your Meds – Whole Heart Life