Week Four of 50 Weeks to a Light More Loving You: GIVE NOTICE!
I’m not talking about giving notice to your boss or landlord! Not even your dog, spouse, a bad habit, or sugar!!!
This week I want you TO NOTICE YOUR THOUGHTS. Mainly to thoughts you don’t particularly like:
- Criticism of your self or others
- The can’ts
- The shoulds
- If onlys
- The Buts
Those thoughts that stop you from doing something you want, that make you feel bad about yourself, that put down or size up another.
All those yucky thoughts (and we all have them) that are fearful, jealous-ful, comparative, harmful to your self-esteem.
This might not be the most pleasant activity. The thing is, all you have to do is GIVE NOTICE to them.
Not giving notice as in giving them the heave-ho!!
Do absolutely nothing with those thoughts other than say to yourself, “Oops, there it is!!”
DO NOT try to CHANGE the thought.
DO NOT try to STOP that thought.
Do your best not to say ANOTHER negative thing about your self because you had that thought….but if you do, just say, “Oops, there it is!!”
You are just GIVING NOTICE to them…acknowledging, giving attention to, being mindful of, taking note, saying “I hear you.”
What’s the point of this?
- When we become AWARE and then ACKNOWLEDGE these thoughts, their power is reduced. They will have less of an effect on your life/mental state. This is why it is important not to try to change or stop the thought at this point.
- You will notice over time that the frequency of them start to diminish.
- They give you knowledge into what you are needing from your self…how YOU can fill your own love tank.
- They will give you understanding about your self and this often breeds compassion…not just for your self but for others because you can understand most anyone on the planet…as we all have or had these negative thoughts in some form/level.
Become the best observer, acknowledge-r, NOTICE-R this week!
Cheering you on to a Whole Noticed Heart Life,